Shoot in cinematic Full HD and premiere your films anywhere on a bright, built-in projector screen. Capture smooth, blur-free footage – perfect for those big action sequences (or your little one’s first steps). As for film distribution? With Wi-Fi* connectivity, sharing online is easy.
- Show films anywhere on a bright projector screen
- Give your memories a classic movie look and feel
- Shoot action on the move - no blur, no worries
Share movies anywhere
With a 35 lumen built-in projector, the world is your movie theatre. On the beach, at a party or a wedding, shoot and share footage straightaway on any available surface. See a bright, clear picture with vivid colours, even in daylight, up to 250cm (100 inches) big.
Get that signature cinema look
Classic movies have a distinctive look and it’s not just an accident. You can get the same feeling in whatever you shoot with 24p mode, which films at 24 frames per second (the industry standard). Capture scenes with movie star looks every time.
Jump in and enjoy freedom of movement
Shooting on the go? Whether you’re running on the beach or just walking, with Balanced Optical SteadyShot the lens unit and sensor “float” within the camcorder so everything stays steady. It compensates for up to 13x more camcorder shake than traditional image stabilisation.
Share videos online with Wi-Fi
Share the sights and sounds of your travels with friends and family. A Wi-Fi adapter* lets you send video wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet from your Handycam® then share it online with the PlayMemories™ app. You can use your smartphone to control your Handycam® too.
Remember places with GPS
Where was that beautiful beach you discovered on holiday last year? With GPS tagging, photos and videos can tell you exactly where you were when you took them. See all your shooting locations marked on a map, then simply tap on one to play back and rediscover the memories.
Capture every detail accurately
For video that really pops off the screen, the detail and resolution in a Vario-Sonnar T* lens by Carl Zeiss really makes the difference. Sonnar comes from the German word for sun and with a wide aperture, it captures colour and detail just like you see in real life.
- Show films anywhere on a bright screen - The built-in projector is bright to 35 lumens and screens images up to 250cm (100 inches)
- Say goodbye to camera-shake - Balanced Optical SteadyShot is up to 13x more effective than standard image stabilisation so you get smooth results every time
- Share films online wirelessly - Add a separate Wi-Fi adapter and you can quickly send MP4 movies to a smartphone or tablet and share them online
- Project films from a phone, tablet or PC - Connect devices such as smartphones or laptops via HDMI and project films, photos, YouTube™ clips and more
- Get closer, capture more - Get the shots you want every time with a wide-angle Carl Zeiss® Vario-Sonnar T* Lens with 10x optical zoom and 17x extended zoom
- Shoot in low light and see the detail - The sensitive Exmor R™ CMOS sensor means you can capture detailed video and stills with reduced image noise, even in low light
- Capture quick motion in crisp detail - A high-speed BIONZ image processor gives you enhanced image quality and performance when you’re shooting fast-moving subjects
- Smooth and natural fast action - Perfect for filming sport, the 1920x1080/50p progressive mode records at a very high frame rate of 50 Full HD frames a second
- Built-in GPS puts movies on the map - GPS tags every video and photo so you know when and where they were shot and can pick a location on a map to play the film back
- Capture a film-like look - In 24p progressive mode you can film Full HD images at 24 frames per second, creating that classic movie look
- Films that sound as good as they look - Whether it’s dialogue or background noise, capture it all in Dolby Digital 5.1 channel surround sound for a rich audio experience
- Capture stills in 24.1 megapixel detail - take still images with 24.1 megapixel resolution and capture stills from video footage too
- Easy to review and play videos and images - Watch your footage on the touch panel 7.5cm (3.0 type) Xtra Fine LCD™ display, with high contrast and a wide viewing angle
- Handy charging and connections - The USB cable stores neatly inside the Handycam®, always ready to connect to a computer, transfer videos and recharge the battery
- Made for sharing - Film movies in the popular MP4 format so you can easily share online using Facebook™, YouTube™ or PlayMemories™
- Just point and shoot, without adjusting settings - iAuto automatically adjusts settings for the best results, recognising different faces, lighting and scenes such as landscapes
- Record a clear soundtrack outdoors - Advanced audio processing senses wind strength and reduces noise for clearer soundtrack recording
- Stay focused on the action - Tap the touchscreen to select a subject and autofocus stays locked on it, even when objects moves – great for children and sports
- Easy to transfer, enjoy and share images - PlayMemories™ software helps you transfer videos and pictures, then organise, edit, print or share them online